The function of the ethics unit and of the risk management committee is to prevent compliance problems and conflicts of interest.
The ethics unit
This unit's role is to:
- Track changes to the independence rules and update the Charter of Conduct for Objectivity and Independence;
- Inform auditors of all rule changes and important legal decisions;
- Establish practical guides permitting auditors to identify compliance problems more easily, notably prohibited services;
- Respond to auditors' questions on accepting projects and conflict of interest situations;
- Participate in training auditors on ethics and compliance.
The risk management committee
The risk management committee carries out the following tasks:
- Underpinning and supporting the ongoing training provided by the training and doctrine divisions;
- Keeping partners and colleagues regularly updated on the decisions taken by the courts on this subject;
- Working with the relevant partners to analyse and define the correct behaviour for situations or dossiers which carry potential risks.