Audit and Assurance
Our risk-based audit expertise can identify and resolve critical issues using useful business improvement tools that can mitigate weaknesses in system controls and inefficiencies within business processes. Mazars in Australia can provide your business with various services including audit, reporting, corporate governance and risk management to avoid areas of risk.
Our team offers more than just a compliance solution, we help our clients manage risks and we pride ourselves on delivering added value to our clients. At Mazars in Australia, our goal is to provide you with actionable recommendations for your business, enabling you to make an informed decision towards achieving your corporate goals.
Working alongside various multinational corporations and family operated businesses, we know how important it is to have a deep understanding of reliable information and the necessary experience in all aspects of audit and assurance. Our teams are competent in managing your operational and financial risks by ensuring that processes within your organisation run efficiently and effectively.
Our professional auditors advise you on the consistency and reliability of your financial information. Mazars in Australia is completely independent, this ensures we deliver audit reports that are robust, accurate and convey actionable insights
Where our audit and assurance expertise counts
- Financial Services requiring AFSL and ASIC compliance audits and certification
- Large Private and Public companies across industries including Building, Construction, Property Development, Manufacturing, Food Processing, Retail and Financial Services
- ASX listed entities in Diversified Resources and Financial Services
- Investigative and forensic accounting
- Due diligence and business acquisitions
- Tax effect accounting for mining industry clients
- Australian international financial reporting standards (AIFRS) assistance
- Self-Managed Superannuation Funds requiring annual SMSF Audits
- Real estate trust audits
- Not-for-Profit, Trade Unions, Associations and Education Providers requiring compliance audits
- Specialist audit assignments including non-financial audits, special purpose audits and performance audits
Our audit methodology is based around the fundamental principles of professional independence, transparency and the highest level of ethical integrity, in order to achieve the best outcome for your business and its stakeholders.
Mazars has adopted a global audit methodology across our network to deliver the following audit and assurance services:
- Satisfy mandatory statutory reporting requirements imposed by Corporations Law or other legislation
- Agreed upon business procedures
- As a prelude to an Initial Public Offering (IPO)
- Report to government on aspects of your operations
- Maintaining control over your business operations, particularly where you are not actively involved in the day-to-day operations of the business
- At the request of financial institutions or other stakeholders
- Compliance reviews and financial obligations
- Internal audits to assess the processes and performance of your organisation
Partner Direct Access & Client Communication
Throughout the audit process, clients are assigned a consistent team which is overseen by a Mazars Australia Partner to ensure quality control measures are met throughout the engagement. The partner assigned to an engagement provides a “hands on approach” to each client and can be contacted directly at any time throughout the engagement.
Ongoing open communication with management is core to our audit and assurance services. Our Audit team has the experience and rigour to not only complete the audit with minimal disruption to the Business operations but will keep you fully informed at all stages of the engagement.
Our team consists of financial audit and assurance specialists who deal specifically with servicing your business’ internal and external accounting requirements. This is why we only recruit agile and talented accounting professionals with superior communications skills and common sense, as well as the essential technical accounting ability to undertake your engagement.
Skilled Team & Client Experience
Mazars in Australia has proven experience in servicing the Audit and Assurance needs of relatively small organisations through to large complex businesses. Our methodology is underpinned by obtaining a detailed understanding of the key financial risks and drivers within your business. Utilising established processes and financial technology we ensure you meet compliance and regulatory requirements to help improve the way you do business.
Our policy of continuity of engagements enables the team to develop a deeper understanding of your business, making them more likely to uncover irregularities and develop effective actionable improvements tailored to your circumstances.
Mazars will always provide you with the expertise and client experience for the following:
- A focused approach to your audit and assurance client service
- The specific skills that are relevant to your industry sector
- Excellent organisation and planning
- An effective control structure
- Analysis of the most complex accounting processes in an economic context