Small Business Digital Grant
The Small Business Digital Grants Program can assist small businesses to access digital technologies and services to help them work smarter, engage with the global economy and make the most of online business opportunities arising from digital disruption.
The Grant is match funded for up to $10,000 and is to be spent on eligible digital projects which need to deliver into one of four priority areas:
- content development (web pages, mobile apps, visual and audio media etc.)
- receiving payments or selling online
- specialised digital technology or software (business specific)
- digital planning, marketing strategy development, and training.
What can the grant funded project be used for?
Eligible businesses may purchase hardware, software and services – such as digital coaching. In the application process, the business must show how the digital project will enhance the digital capabilities of their business and help them to be more competitive and employ more staff.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible the business must have fewer than 20 employees, turnover of less than $2mil last financial year, Queensland headquarters, have an active ABN and be registered for GST. The project is to be paid for by the business in full and a claim for up to 50% submitted for reimbursement.
To submit an application for the Grant applicants need to provide the following details:
- a detailed quote for the digital technology or service for which you are seeking funding
- clear outline of how the digital technology or service will enhance the digital capabilities of the business and make the business more competitive
- detailed outline of the impact the digital technology or service will have on the business, for example revenue growth, cost savings, time savings, employment outcomes
- a declaration of employee headcount
- confirmation and breakdown of your matched financial contribution.
Applications open to Queensland small businesses 2-3 times a year, with each application assessed on its merits with particular focus on the quantification of the impact of implementing the digital project. An outcome of application will be advised within ten weeks of application close and successful applicants have 3 months to complete the project.
Tips for grant application success
Prior to making the grant application, read the guidelines fully to be sure you and your project are eligible. Then when writing the application be clear, comprehensive and make a convincing case for why you should receive the funding. Mazars have experienced Government Grant specialists who can assist with grant writing. Speak with our Grant specialist Angela Winton or contact your usual Mazars adviser on:
+61 7 3218 3900
+61 2 9922 1166
+61 3 9252 0800
Further information on the Small Business Digital Grant can be found here .
Please note that this publication is intended to provide a general summary and should not be relied upon as a substitute for personal advice.