Grants to support Queensland-based Deductible Gift Recipients now open.
The Queensland Community Foundation’s (QCF) General Fund grant making round for 2020 is currently open and due to close on 13 March 2020. QCF grants aims to assist deductible gift recipients to deliver improved outcomes for their communities.
Through this grant, QCF will assist organisations with the following:
- Develop and improve organisational capacity;
- Support and achieve environmental goals;
- Promote human and community health.
Grants of up to $30,000 are available to eligible organisations looking to engage in the following capacity-building activities:
- Education and training;
- Recruiting, maintaining and recognising volunteers;
- Planning and governance, including board appraisals, strategic plan development or constitution reviews; and
- Information technology support systems.
Successful applicants will:
- Be mid-tier organisations (revenue less than $20 million per year);
- Provide services to people within Queensland in need of welfare support;
- Have Deductible Gift Recipient 1 (DGR1) status.
Successful applicants are unable to use their grants to fund the following:
- Projects commenced prior to 31 May 2019;
- General operating expenses (salaries, rent, telephone bills etc) that are part of the organisations ongoing costs; and
- Debt repayments.
Applications will be assessed based on the impact increased organisational capacity will have in helping to promote environmental and human health. This should be clearly addressed in the grant application.
Further information on the available grant round can be found here . For support in preparing and submitting your application, please contact your usual Mazars advisor or our grant specialist Angela Winton on +61 7 3218 3900.
+61 7 3218 3900
+61 3 9252 0800
+61 2 9922 1166
Published: 18 February 2020
Please note that this publication is intended to provide a general summary and should not be relied upon as a substitute for personal advice.
All rights reserved. This publication in whole or in part may not be reproduced, distributed or used in any manner whatsoever without the express prior and written consent of the Mazars, except for the use of brief quotations in the press, in social media or in another communication tool, as long as Mazars and the source of the publication are duly mentioned. In all cases, Mazars’ intellectual property rights are protected and the Mazars Group shall not be liable for any use of this publication by third parties, either with or without Mazars’ prior authorisation. Also please note that this publication is intended to provide a general summary and should not be relied upon as a substitute for personal advice. Content is accurate as at the date published.