Digital Grants to Support Small Business Now Open
The Small Business Digital Grants Program can assist small businesses to access digital technologies and services to help them work smarter, engage with the global economy and make the most of online business opportunities arising from digital disruption.
The objectives of the program are to see small businesses:
- Access the latest digital technologies to increase their confidence, productivity and competitiveness;
- Grow to medium-size businesses, expand market reach and employ more Queenslanders;
- Upskills and train business owners and staff; and
- Work smarter and be more innovative.
The Grant is match funded for up to $10,000 and is to be spent on eligible digital projects which need to deliver into one of four priority areas:
- Content development (web pages, mobile apps, visual and audio media etc.)
- Receiving payments or selling online
- Specialised digital technology or software (business specific)
- Digital planning, marketing strategy development, and training.
Eligible applicants include all Queensland-based small businesses that have fewer than 20 employees at the time of applying for the grant, have an active ABN and be registered for GST, have a Queensland headquarters and have a turnover of $2 million of less in the last financial year.
Applications will be assessed based on the impact the digital technology or service will have on the business, the extent to which it makes the business more competitive, the potential likelihood the activity will deliver jobs growth, and value for money. All of the above should be addressed clearly in the application.
Applications are now open and will remain open until 5:00PM (AEST) on 10 December 2019. For more information please view the grant website . For assistance in considering your project suitability and in submitting your application and supporting documentation please speak with our Grant specialist Angela Winton or contact your usual Mazars adviser on:
+61 7 3218 3900
+61 2 9922 1166
+61 3 9252 0800
Please note that this publication is intended to provide a general summary and should not be relied upon as a substitute for personal advice. Content accurate as at date published.