Funding of up to $2.5m available to Boost Queensland Manufacturing Industry
The Made in Queensland Program seeks to support Queensland’s small to medium enterprises (SME) in the traditional manufacturing sector to become internationally competitive and adopt innovative processes and technology. The program is aimed at providing young people with the best chance of finding and securing a job, as well as supporting economic growth and employment.
The objectives of the program are to increase productivity and international competitiveness of Queensland-based manufacturing SMEs, encourage adoption of innovative processes and technologies in manufacturing, assist SMEs in becoming advance manufacturers and create new high-skilled manufacturing jobs for the future.
A Grant of between $50k and $2.5m is available on a matched funding basis, for applicants who are:
- Queensland based manufacturing company
- Registered for GST and have an active Australian Business Number (ABN)
- Classified as an SME with between 5 and 200 FTE employees located in Queensland
- Financially capable of conducting the project, recognising it is funded in arrears
- Not recipients of, or have a related entity, who is a recipient of funding under the MIQ Program.
Eligible activities must:
- Be consistent with program objectives
- Be completed within 12 months of execution of a funding arrangement
- Be scheduled to commence after the funding arrangement has been executed.
The application is a two-stage process:
- Expression of interest (EOI) closes 11 October 2019, 5pm AEST
- Detailed application (by invitation only): Opens 8 November and closes 20 December 2019, 5pm AEST
For more information please view the Made in Queensland website . For assistance in considering your project suitability and in submitting your application and supporting documentation please contact your usual Mazars advisor or alternatively our Grant specialist, Angela Winton, on +61 7 3218 3900.
+61 7 3218 3900
+61 3 9252 0800
+61 2 9922 1166
Published: 23 September 2019
Please note that this publication is intended to provide a general summary and should not be relied upon as a substitute for personal advice.
All rights reserved. This publication in whole or in part may not be reproduced, distributed or used in any manner whatsoever without the express prior and written consent of the Mazars, except for the use of brief quotations in the press, in social media or in another communication tool, as long as Mazars and the source of the publication are duly mentioned. In all cases, Mazars’ intellectual property rights are protected and the Mazars Group shall not be liable for any use of this publication by third parties, either with or without Mazars’ prior authorisation. Also please note that this publication is intended to provide a general summary and should not be relied upon as a substitute for personal advice. Content is accurate as at the date published.