Applications are being considered on a first in first assessed basis and the program will close when allocated funding has been exhausted. Eligible business owners are encouraged to apply with urgency to receive priority assessment.
- Be a Queensland headquartered micro or small business
- Have turnover of at least $75,000 p.a. and be registered for GST
- Employ 1 – 20 staff at the time of applying for the grant
- Have a payroll of less than $1,300,000
- Have a valid ABN active as at 23 March 2020
- Not be insolvent
Grant funds can be used towards the following activities which may have been incurred from 23 March onwards and need to be complete within 6 months from grant approval:
- financial, legal or other professional advice to support business sustainability and diversification;
- strategic planning, financial counselling or business coaching aligned to business sustainability and diversification;
- building the business through marketing and communications activities
- digital/technological strategy development or training;
- capital costs associated with meeting COVID-19 safe requirements;
- specialised digital equipment or business specific software to move business;
- meeting business costs, including utilities, rent (noting these would be for the period from 23/3/20); and
- review details for ineligible expenditure.
The application must be completed by the business owner directly, not a third party, via the online application which should include:
- a statement describing how the funding will contribute to your small business during the COVID-19 crisis;
- evidence to demonstrate that business revenue has experienced a minimum 30 per cent decline since 23 March 2020 over a minimum one-month period (e.g. BAS statement, dated accountant letter on letterhead);
- invoice and/or receipt of purchase if related to the purchase of specialised digital equipment or business specific software on or after 23 March 2020;
- declaration of employee head count;
- evidence of annual turnover; and
- evidence of annual payroll.
The application will be assessed against funding availability, completeness of application with supporting documentation and on a value for money consideration.
Tips to writing a compelling Grant Application
Carefully assess the eligibility of your business and proposed expenditure before starting. Determine what information/evidence requirements are needed to submit a successful application, make sure you can access these and get that ball rolling. Be clear on the objectives of the program and link your grant responses as closely to these objectives as possible. Ensure you answer the question directly, attach all required information and submit it with priority.
Applications opened 19 May 2020 and will remain open until allocated funds have been exhausted. Small business owners should carefully read the Grant Terms and Conditions here and progress swiftly to complete an online application.
Please contact your usual Mazars adviser or alternatively, Angela Winton or Matthew Beasley, on 07 3218 3900 if you require assistance with producing evidence items in support of the application. We welcome the opportunity to discuss how this grant could be applied to access financial and business advice to develop and implement a diversified and sustainable business through our soon to be released Business Recovery Program.
All rights reserved. This publication in whole or in part may not be reproduced, distributed or used in any manner whatsoever without the express prior and written consent of the Mazars, except for the use of brief quotations in the press, in social media or in another communication tool, as long as Mazars and the source of the publication are duly mentioned. In all cases, Mazars’ intellectual property rights are protected and the Mazars Group shall not be liable for any use of this publication by third parties, either with or without Mazars’ prior authorisation. Also please note that this publication is intended to provide a general summary and should not be relied upon as a substitute for personal advice. Content is accurate as at the date published.