Manufacturing businesses with a focus on innovation may have interest in considering funding under the Innovative Manufacturing CRC (IMCRC) research project fund. The program seeks to support the resilience of Australian businesses in the wake of Covid-19, through facilitating co-funded and collaborative Research and Development (R&D) projects with IMCRC partnered Australian universities and/or CSIRO.
With a focus on SME manufacturers across all industry sectors, the fund will invest in shorter-term projects, aiming to support resilience, while reducing barriers and financial commitments.
About the program
The program will operate on a matched funding basis, offering eligible applicants between $50,000 to $100,000 in research support funding.
Funding opportunities will seek to achieve the following program objectives:
- Foster a collaborative environment for industry and researchers;
- Provide support in accessing world-leading manufacturing and Industry 4.0 R&D capability and infrastructure;
- Provide project management and reporting structures as well as legal agreement framework;
- Assist development of a commercialisation plan taking R&D project outputs to market.
Successful project applicants will meet the following criteria:
- Be industry-led, deliver clear manufacturing outcomes and be completed within a 6-12 month timeframe;
- Apply innovative manufacturing technologies and business models, including industry 4.0;
- Have a business innovation and transformation plan and/or industry 4.0 adoption plan;
- Include new project intellectual property (IP) and know-how owned by the industry lead; and
- Ideally involve other Australian manufacturing SMEs as collaborators (e.g. Partners, suppliers, customers) to support local supply chains.
The program encourages applicants of projects which deliver outcomes aligning with Australia’s national/sovereign priorities. These priorities include contribution to environmental and sustainability solutions and Covid-19.
For further information about the Innovative Manufacturing CRC (IMCRC) Research Project Fund, please visit the Program website.
For assistance in obtaining full program guidelines, determining your eligibility or support submitting a compelling application, please contact your usual Mazars advisor or alternatively, our financial advisory specialist, Angela Winton via the form below or on:
Author: Holly Willmore
All rights reserved. This publication in whole or in part may not be reproduced, distributed or used in any manner whatsoever without the express prior and written consent of Mazars, except for the use of brief quotations in the press, in social media or in another communication tool, as long as Mazars and the source of the publication are duly mentioned. In all cases, Mazars’ intellectual property rights are protected and the Mazars Group shall not be liable for any use of this publication by third parties, either with or without Mazars’ prior authorisation. Also please note that this publication is intended to provide a general summary and should not be relied upon as a substitute for personal advice. Content is accurate as at the date published