The Go Global Export Program aims to support businesses to achieve ongoing export success, overcome challenges, and create a pathway for new export sales that will create additional employment. Financial assistance is available for export related costs such as accreditation, advice, trial logistics and more.
Eligible applicants must:
- Have a valid (Australian Business Number) ABN and be registered for GST;
- Be headquartered in Queensland;
- Have no more than 200 full-time equivalent employees independently or part of a consolidated group; and
- Be pre-qualified by Trade Investments Queensland’s (TIQ) as export-ready and have a buyer pre-qualified by TIQ or an AUSTRADE International Office.
Eligible project costs include but are not limited to:
- Market entry requirements including registrations, compliance costs and professional advice;
- Product testing, redesign, marketing and packaging to meet the requirements of the new export market;
- Costs incurred in acquiring additional accreditation and Free Trade Agreement documents;
- Trail export program costs including expenses incurred in making initial, commercially unviable shipments; and
- Costs associated with product installation, maintenance and training for new clients/markets.
An exhaustive list of ineligible costs can be found here: https://www.tiq.qld.gov.au/connect/current-opportunities/go-global-export-program-2019-20/
Main assessment criteria include export readiness, current organisational capacity and the potential benefits that access to new export markets will deliver to Queensland communities.
Applications for Go Global grants are now open and close at 1pm on 30 May 2020.
For assistance determining your eligibility and in submitting your application, please speak with our Grant specialist Angela Winton or contact your usual Mazars adviser on:
Published: 11 February 2020
Please note that this publication is intended to provide a general summary and should not be relied upon as a substitute for personal advice. Content accurate as at date published.
All rights reserved. This publication in whole or in part may not be reproduced, distributed or used in any manner whatsoever without the express prior and written consent of the Mazars, except for the use of brief quotations in the press, in social media or in another communication tool, as long as Mazars and the source of the publication are duly mentioned. In all cases, Mazars’ intellectual property rights are protected and the Mazars Group shall not be liable for any use of this publication by third parties, either with or without Mazars’ prior authorisation. Also please note that this publication is intended to provide a general summary and should not be relied upon as a substitute for personal advice. Content is accurate as at the date published.