he aim of this program is to assist the agribusiness sector to recover from the impacts of COVID-19 by enhancing digital skills, creating regional jobs and driving efficiencies for businesses.
The first round of the program gives applications up to $200,000 of funding to projects that target industry-wide outcomes including:
- The creation of a resilient and profitable agribusiness sector by accelerating digital transformation from farm to plate;
- The maximisation of consumer confidence in relation to traceability, food safety, nutrition and provenance of Queensland products through enhanced traceability systems;
- The development of support networks for agribusiness from the impacts of COVID-19 through cost saving measures and waste efficiencies; and
- The creation of regional jobs and enhance digital skills and capability across the Queensland agribusiness and food sector.
Loans of up to $250,000 are available, for applicants who fit the below criteria:
- Hold an ABN and be registered for GST;
- Have a headquarters in Queensland;
- Be able to contribute a minimum of 20% of the funding amount towards the project, totalling 50% of contribution over the project; and
- Be in a financial position to pay upfront for the approved product and/or service in full.
The application is a two-stage process:
- Detailed application (Opened 1 October 2020 and closes 1 November 2020);
- Application will be assessed involving possible consultation with the Queensland Government.
For assistance considering your suitability and in submitting your application and supporting documentation please contact your usual Mazars advisor or alternatively our Loan specialists, Angela Winton or Jack Jamieson on +61 7 3218 3900 or via the form below:
All rights reserved. This publication in whole or in part may not be reproduced, distributed or used in any manner whatsoever without the express prior and written consent of the Mazars, except for the use of brief quotations in the press, in social media or in another communication tool, as long as Mazars and the source of the publication are duly mentioned. In all cases, Mazars’ intellectual property rights are protected and the Mazars Group shall not be liable for any use of this publication by third parties, either with or without Mazars’ prior authorisation. Also please note that this publication is intended to provide a general summary and should not be relied upon as a substitute for personal advice. Content is accurate as at the date published.