The Asia Pacific region has emerged as a prime destination for M&A activities. But navigating the complexities of M&A transactions in diverse APAC markets can be challenging.
Are you interested in exploring the issues and trends impacting cross border transactions? Gain insights from our webinar summary.
On 24 May, Mazars hosted the Tax and legal considerations of M&A in APAC 2023 webinar, in collaboration with LPA Singapore.
During the event, our experts shared insights on the economic landscape, key tax concerns and legal issues related to M&A transactions in this region.
Read our new summary to gain key takeaways on the following topics:
- Economic landscape for M&A in Asia
- Tax considerations in group reorganisations
- Tax implications of various financing instruments
- Common tax issues to consider in SPA negotiations
- Legal considerations regarding asset deals and equity deals
The webinar featured an esteemed panel of Mazars speakers:
- Elaine Chow – Partner, Tax (Singapore)
- Hai Minh Nguyen – Partner, Head of Advisory services (Vietnam)
- Jamie Towers – Partner, Tax (Australia)
- Jonathan Stuart-Smith – Partner, Tax (Thailand) (Moderator)
- Laurent Nguyen – Partner, Financial Advisory (Vietnam)
- Robert James – Partner, Tax (Australia)
- Yong Yong Khor – Partner, Tax (Malaysia)
- Karen Lau – Director, Tax Advisory services (Hong Kong)
- Naritsaporn Tanapoonsin – Director, Tax (Thailand)
and a guest speaker
- Arnaud Bourrut Lacouture - Registered Foreign Lawyer & Founding Partner, LPA Singapore
We invite you to explore this comprehensive guide, which aims to inspire further exploration and engagement in the exciting realm of M&A in Asia Pacific. As your trusted partner, Mazars is committed to supporting your journey and helping you navigate the ever-evolving M&A landscape in this thriving region.
Let's unlock the full potential of M&A in this region together.
Read the summary report now.