Not for Profit
The not-for-profit landscape is always evolving. Shifting demographics, changing regulatory requirement, and philanthropic support waning under economic pressures, which all present challenges to organisations in this sector. Successful organisations are those that can adapt to these demands whilst staying true to their purpose.
Mazars recognises the importance your organisations play in our community. It is therefore our priority in advising our Not-For-Profit organisations and Associations to protect your tax-exempt status, provide clear direction for strong corporate governance and uncover opportunities for further operational efficiency and income streams to achieve organisations continuity.
Our range of services include:
- Audit Services focusing on systems and internal controls, enabling pinpoint analysis of risk areas, identifying weakness in control and inefficiencies, identifying cost reduction opportunities and improving fraud prevention and detection.
- Financial Statements preparation and assistance – using cutting edge technology and software, assistance in design and preparation of monthly management reporting, budgets and analysis.
- Tax advice for GST and FBT – strategic advice, planning and identifying effective business and tax related opportunities.
- Governance, business improvement and board renewal – business coaching, business planning, strategy development and business needs assessment.
- HR Consulting – salary packaging reviews, job analysis and design, legislative advice, HR planning, performance management programs and recruitment processes.
- Grant acquittal reviews
- Establishing charitable trusts
- Tax Effective Giving - Facilitating the establishment of charitable trusts and tax effectively structuring Inter- Vivos and Bequeath giving. Click here to access a guide to Tax Effective Giving. Charities are welcome to contact us with a view to co-brand this guide to encourage their donors to maximise their contributions and the value of donor contributions.
Services to our not-for-profit organisations and community associations are provided by specialists in this industry, including Registered Company Auditor and Business and Tax Services Partners.