The ethics unit and the risk management committee
The function of the ethics unit and of the risk management committee is to prevent compliance problems and conflicts of interest.
The Ethics Unit
This unit's role is to:
● Track changes to the independence rules and update the Charter of Conduct for Objectivity and Independence;
● Inform auditors of all rule changes and important legal decisions;
● Establish practical guides permitting auditors to identify compliance problems more easily, notably prohibited services;
● Respond to auditors' questions on accepting projects and conflict of interest situations.
● Participate in training auditors on ethics and compliance.
The risk management committee
The risk management committee carries out the following tasks:
●Underpinning and supporting the ongoing training provided by the training and doctrine divisions;
●Keeping partners and colleagues regularly updated on the decisions taken by the courts on this subject;
●Working with the relevant partners to analyse and define the correct behaviour for situations or dossiers which carry potential risks.